Monday, November 22, 2010

Skagit River Brewery

404 S. 3rd Street
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
360-336-2884

Jonah and I arrived in northern Washington off the ferry from Alaska, where our good friend Tommy McGinley lives, so we decided to stay with him to hang out before we headed the rest of the way south.  We got there early so had some time to kill.  After showering the ferry off us we went brewery cruising and found Skagit River Brewery.
I was floored when I saw that these were the guys who made Sculler's IPA!
I drank so much Sculler's IPA in college.  I had a roommate Brandy Rodtsbrooks who I explored beer with at our excellent local grocery store, and Sculler's was one of our awesome finds.
Sadly, they didn't have it on tap!  Now I will definitely have to go back, maybe I'll drag Brandy with me ;)  
Instead of the Sculler's IPA I had the Skagit River "Steelie" Brown Ale.  It was a solid brown but I will still have Sculler's on tap on my mind.






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...