Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Half Moon Bay Brewing Company


 390 Capistrano Rd.
Half Moon Bay, CA 94019
(650) 728-2739

 Jonah and I went to Half Moon Bay Brewing Co in January 2010, on our exploration of coastal breweries between San Diego and San Fransisco.  What a wonderfully beautiful place even in the winter months.  Sit back, stare at the water, have a brew: could things get any better?  


Of course I got the taster tray!  Although the waiter didn't know much about the beers, or beer in general, we worked our way (light to dark) through the tasters.  Jonah went with the porter, it ended up serving as our pallet cleanser between samples.  I enjoyed all the house beers; Pillar Point Pale Ale standing out as my favorite.  The real problem I had was with the seasonals, every one had a weird mix of flavors.  I didn't even finish two of them.


Wait, I just had a hard time finishing the last two.  So another taster tray bites the dust and to say it again, enjoyed the house beers.  Half Moon Bay Brewing Co was a nice, warm stop on our way to snowy Bend.  I would go back for the ambiance alone.
I have to give a big thanks to my husband Jonah.  Thanks for enjoying beer as much as I do, visiting all these breweries with me and a lot of times taking the wheel so I can get the taster! Cheers Jonah!


If you want to check out some more pictures of the city of Half Moon Bay, my baby sister Kathryn just visited and posted about the trip.  Find her journey at currently obsessed with...

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...