Thursday, June 9, 2011

Destination Brewfest: Great Alaska Craft Beer and Home Brew Festival

You heard it here first, I'm totally going next year!  I love Haines Alaska and Haines Brewing Company beer; I always thought if I was given a good reason to visit again that of course I would go.  But this year when our friend Ariel Rolfe invited us to go, I had to say no :(  You know, it's the same ole story of low on funds, not enough time, and the frustrating transportation in this part of AK.  But next year, I'm going!


The breweries that take part are all Alaskan brewed; most, if not all of the Alaskan breweries make the trip to the Festival.  From big to small, they have them all.
Alaskan Brewing Company ~ Juneau
Haines Brewing Company ~ Haines
Skagway Brewing Company ~ Skagway
Midnight Sun Brewing Company ~ Anchorage
St. Elias Brewing Company ~ Soldotna
Yukon Brewing Company (ok here's the exception from Canada)
Homer Brewing Company ~ Homer
Silver Gulch Brewing Comany ~ Fairbanks
Sleeping Lady Brewing Company ~ Anchorage
Kassik's Brewery ~ Kenai
Moose's Tooth ~ Anchorage
Glacier Brewhouse ~ Anchorage
Kenai River Brewing Company ~ Soldotna

If you want to experience Alaskan beer without the hefty travel costs, maybe I'll see you May 26-27th, 2012 in Haines Alaska.

Capital City Weekly article on the 2011 Brewfest.
Beer Fest Homepage.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...